There are some questions that always play life, you can call them, mysteries of life, which you must settle, otherwise you will always be depressed:
1. There are questions in life you can never answer.
2. There are things in life you can never explain.
3. There are things in life you can never change
– Worrying and weeping will change nothing.
4. There are things in life you can never control
– If anyone want to leave you, even if you put a gun on them or pray in tongues, they will still leave for you control their will.
– If any adult wants to take drug, you can’t control them.
5. There are things in life you cannot stop.
– You can only make an arrangement for them to pass you.
– If you try to stop them and you can’t, they will still go leaving you destroyed.
6. There are things in life you are not responsible for.
– If you send children to the college, pay tuition fees, do the best you can, but they come out and still do dam things you are not responsible for that.
7. There are things in life you cannot exceed.
– Sometimes you think you are all that, think you can exceed everything!
– There are things which exceed, go beyond you. Just settle that.
The powerful statement that you can make regarding these questions is: I don’t know! It will keep peaceful.
So how do you face life with all these questions?
Here is the thought! The key to life is:
1. Knowing your limitation.
– If you believe you are more than who you are, the Bible say you are not wise.
– You have to know where the line is drawn, where you can stop, where you can’t go further,
– Knowing limitation will keep you peaceful
2. Success in life is when you know what you are responsible for.
– Your own decisions – you can’t blame anyone for something you decided.
3. Knowing what is your responsibility and what is not your responsibility.
– Even God is not responsible for everything in your life!
– God doesn’t control your will (He gave you a free will); God doesn’t prosper you!
– E.g., God gave his life for your redemption – he became flesh, shed blood, died on the cross, went to hell, took keys from the devil, and rose again for you, but still can’t save you without your permission. He knows His limitation, it is self-imposed; He will never violate your will.
4. Knowing what you cannot do.
– You cannot make people do things.
– Sometimes your children do dam things; you shouldn’t walk around feeling guilty. If they are old enough, adults, they make own decisions.
5. Let God be God.
– The great temptation of man is to be God. We are gods but not God.
– You have to settle that, there things which only God:
(i) Can do
(ii) Knows – you will never know all that God knows. And what you don’t know it is His business, just deal with what you know.
(iii) Understands – don’t worry for everything
(iv) Can explain – you don’t have to explain everything; don’t have become self-explanation. Relax, don’t put yourself under unnecessary pressure. Just say ‘’I don’t know’’!
– Know your limit and let God be God – Know what he allows you to know.
I therefore put this to you that ‘’What God is after is your Strong Faith’’.
And, ‘’Your Faith is only as Strong as the Test it Survives’’!